Pages

Friday, May 8, 2009

Boot repair gone bad

So I the seam on the back of my full grain leather boots had started to split a little bit so I figured I would take it into a cobbler to be repaired. I took them in.. made sure that the guy knew it had a Gortex liner that I didn't want screwed up and that I wanted a couple of other things touched up as well.

FAIL
Steve's Custom Shoe Services
1767 S State St
Salt Lake City, UT 84115
(801) 556-3452

Not only was the guy unfriendly, he didn't pull up the liner on the boot and just sewed right through it, Didn't trim excess threads off, did a single seam instead of the double seam that was there. Only did the area that was pulling up with no overlap on the area that wasn't pulling up. Didn't even give them the quick shine that I have gotten every other time I have taken my boots in somewhere for soles or any other repair..

Basically they guy did a half assed job of repair that if it lasts the summer I will be surprised and I will end up getting a new pair of boots long before I should have to :(

No comments: