Pages

Friday, March 27, 2009

Melville sucks.. Betterworldbooks.. rather cool

ok.. So in the last 5 days I read Moby-Dick by Herman Melville. First off I would like to take a moment to say that it should never have been standard practice to pay writers per word rather than based on sales and such.. anyhow Moby-dick is not a bad story but it is noticeable that he was writing to fulfill the need to make more $$.. the book could have seriously been 1/4 the length and been just as good.. Really I don't need to have it explained to me 4 different ways what the tail of a sperm wale looks like :)

Oh and if you want to buy a book online check out betterworldbooks.com
1. they have free shipping if you are not in a hurry - usually a week out
2. seriously good prices (I don't mind owning a used book)
3. I don't want to support barns and noble all of the time :)

No comments: