Pages

Monday, May 3, 2010

The cobbler didn't cobble my boots this time

So my last experience with a cobbler left a nasty taste in my mouth and I knew I would never go back to Steve's. This time I took my boots into Tony of Tony's Shoes and Repair Tony took the time when I came in with my boots to make sure that we had the correct sole even calling up Vibram on the phone to check on some different options. Tony also told me upfront that there was a 10% chance that the glue wouldn't actually hold onto the foam rubber that the sole had to attach to, but that he was willing to give it a try and if it didn't work that I wouldn't be out any $$. So a week later I called and he said he had them ready, once I got there he informed me that he checked them one last time and the glue didn't work. Annoyed that I had driven into Magna to get them I went home only to receive a Text from him later that he had gotten some different glue from another cobbler in town and that he was not giving up on my boots. In the end everything worked out great and he even came in on Saturday so I could pick up my boots.

End result, I got new soles on my $300 boots for $40 thus extending my boots life hopefully another 2.5 years.

No comments: